On Saturday this buck found this shady spot in our backyard and stayed put the whole time Dear went back and forth from the house to the Traeger to cook our dinner. I guess we didn’t pose a huge threat to him. Country living is full of surprises.
As soon as my internet service allows it I’ll upload my photos of our new shade cloth on our back deck.
Hope you all have a good new week ahead.
This is the last Friday in May and the beginning of the Memorial Day Weekend in the U.S.A. Monday is the day set aside as Memorial Day. We honor those men and women who have made the greatest sacrifice for our country. I will have more to say about that on Monday. Here are my Five on Friday for Amy’s meme and Friday’s Fave Five for Susanne’s meme.
1. Our old walkway out the front door of this old house was deteriorating so Dear broke it out with a sledgehammer and replaced it with pavers, making the path wider. We still have an edging to do and when all the phases of this project are done I’ll share the full before and after. I thank God for my hard working husband who has do it yourself talent.
2. A new pair of lamps in the living room of our house has helped to bring things up to date in that room. I bought the lamps at Homegoods for a very good price. We are enjoying the fresh look. I thank God for the little things in life.
3. A new wreath in a perfect spot that our son and daughter in love bought me for Mother’s Day. We share enjoyment of Chip and Joanna’s show Fixer Upper and this wreath came all the way from their store called Magnolia. Fun. I thank God for the thoughtfulness of our children.
4. My dear old pop turned 93 on May 25th. The photo is of him blowing out the candle on his Cherry Pie. Cherry Pie is his favorite. I thank God for my dear Pop who loves Jesus and who prays for us every night.
5. A new Traeger Grill for my Dear as an early Father’s Day gift. He’s been eyeing these for a while and when I was in Costco this week they had a display of them so we took the plunge and bought one. I thank God for my Dear who is a good father to his children and enjoys cooking.
Next Friday I will be traveling to Southern California to spend some time with my extended family. I’ll get to see my dear old pop in person. Hopefully I’ll be able to take him out for his favorite breakfast at Denny’s. He likes sunny side up eggs, hash browns, sausage, white toast and coffee. He’s a cheap date! Hope you all have a good weekend and for those of you who live in the U.S.A. hope you have a meaningful Memorial Day with some thoughts about all we’ve been given because of those who sacrificed for us.