This week for Friday’s Fave Five I’m sharing five words that stood out from my reading in the month of January. Thank you Susanne for hosting this meme each Friday. I’m including random photos with the post.
For this new year I’ve challenged myself to read 5 Psalms a day, One Proverb and concentrate on relearning Romans 12: 1-2. I’ve read around the Romans verses and that’s where the word inscrutable came from.
1. Inscrutable: not readily investigated, interpreted, or understood
Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
2. Extol: to praise (someone or something) highly
3. Steadfast: firmly fixed in place
4. Redeem, Redeemer, Redeemed: to make (something that is bad, unpleasant, etc.) better or more acceptable, (Ecclesiastical Terms) The Redeemer Jesus Christ as having brought redemption to mankind, saved from the bondage of sin.
5. Refuge: 1. Protection or shelter, as from danger or hardship. 2. A place providing protection or shelter. 3. A source of help, relief, or comfort in times of trouble.
Great Is the Lord
Psalm 145: 1-10 (ESV)
1 I will extol you, my God and King,
and bless your name forever and ever.
2 Every day I will bless you
and praise your name forever and ever.
3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
and his greatness is unsearchable.
4 One generation shall commend your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
5 On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
6 They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds,
and I will declare your greatness.
7 They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness
and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
9 The Lord is good to all,
and his mercy is over all that he has made.
10 All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord,
and all your saints shall bless you!
I’ll be around to visit your favorites, soon. We are gearing up for game day here. Can’t be avoided when your home team is playing in the Super Bowl. Truth be told watching NFL games is not my favorite thing to do but we will rejoice with Seattle and enjoy the game.