- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). I browned the ribs on the stove top.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
I got this recipe from all recipes.com here.
Since this was my first time making ribs in a slow cooker I went with the first recipe that looked decent. This sauce was very good. Since I made these on Saturday I’ve read a couple other recipes and this is the sauce I’ll try next time to see if it has a little more kick to it.
These ingredients come from Taste of Home Magazine ~ Tasty Pork Ribs ~ Feb/March 2008 Recipe by Michelle Rominger…
1 cup ketchup, 1 cup bbq sauce, 1/4 C. packed brown sugar, 1/4 C. worcestershire sauce, 1 Tblsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tblsp. molasses, 1 garlic clove minced, 2 tblsps. dried minced onion, 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, 1 tsp. ground mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Oops! I don’t see anything green on the plate. Can anyone say COMFORT FOOD?
Photobucket is holding my photos hostage from 2007-2015 and replacing them with an ugly black and grey squares demanding money to release them, so frustrating.