I got this recipe from my mother over 45 years ago and have no idea where she got it from.
- 1- 3 or 3 1/4 ounce package regular vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 chocolate covered English toffee bars (5/8 ounces each) coarsely crushed
- whipped cream
1. In medium saucepan, combine pudding mix and coffee powder.
Gradually stir in 1 3/4 cups milk till mixture is blended.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and cover surface of pudding with waxed paper or plastic wrap, cool and chill.
4. In small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and evaporated milk. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture boils and chocolate is melted. Cool and chill.
4. Remove paper from pudding mixture.
5. Spoon the pudding mixture equally into 4 parfait glasses.
6. Sprinkle crushed candy onto top of layer.
7. Top with a good portion of chocolate sauce and top with more crushed candy.
8. Finish off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed candy.
I found the smaller containers to work better as this is a very rich dessert.
Instead of crushing two candy bars I found these packaged toffee bits that worked real well.