This is a thick chili with 3 kinds of beans and jalapeno that is sure to warm you up!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 oz. ground chorizo
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can diced petite tomatoes (14-16 oz.)
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans (14-16 oz.)
- 1 can drained and rinsed kidney beans (14-16 oz.)
- 1 can drained pinto beans (14-16 oz.)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped or 1/2 of a 4oz. can of chopped jalapeno
- 1 can corn (approx. 15 oz.)
- Fresh diced tomatoes and grated cheese for serving
- Heat oil in large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add beef and chorizo and season well.
- Cook till meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, 3 kinds of beans, jalapeno, and corn.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for up to an hour. If you like thinner chili you can add some broth to the pot.
- Serve topped with fresh tomatoes, grated cheese, sour cream, avocado or your favorite toppings. We always love to have corn bread with our chili.
This recipe will probably serve 8-10 people.
It is still that time of year where a nice warm bowl of soup or chili hits the spot! Chili is such a simple meal and we enjoy it in many forms. Many times it’s a matter of just mixing together what we have in the fridge and cupboard.