It’s time again for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you Jo From This Side of the Pond for asking the questions.
1. What do you never get tired of?
A beautiful sunny and puffy cloud filled day.
2. My mother made the best ________________________________.
So many things that she made were the best but I’ll choose her blintzes.
You can see our mom’s recipe and process that we learned and copied here.
3. What machine or appliance in your home aggravates you the most? Why?
If my machines and appliances are working I’m happy for that! That said, the oven we have in this home has a loud fan that is annoying. That is something new that we haven’t experienced with other ovens we’ve had in other homes.
4. What are three things that brighten up your day when they happen?
An unexpected card or letter in the mail always brightens my day. A surprise visit from our kids. A photo messaged to us of our grandchildren.
5. Thursday (May 12) is National Limerick Day…write a limerick about relating to spring weather, spring blooms, or a spring event (five lines, the first two lines rhyme with the fifth line, the third and fourth lines rhyme together)
May brings with it much to discover
With growth and color to uncover
But do not neglect
and do not forget
To love and honor your Mother
and here’s another one that’s a life lesson and not just Spring related…
There is an old Book that is treasured
With worth and wisdom unmeasured
Stick to it’s truth
And value it’s worth
Or your life will be tragically severed
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It was so good to catch up with family and friends on the Westside of the mountains over Mother’s Day weekend.