We drove down to Spokane for my last eye exam on Tuesday and once there the skies were not as smoke filled. This photo below is of the Spokane river looking west. Spokane is about 70 miles south of us.
Jo From This Side of the Pond has given us the Wednesday Hodgepodge Questions for the week.
1. Monday, August 16th was National Roller Coaster Day. Are you a fan? Did you celebrate? Last place/time you rode a roller coaster?
Not enough of a fan to mark this day with any kind of celebration. Last place I rode something that resembles a roller coaster was at Disneyland in 2009.
2. Tell us about a time in your life where it felt like you were figuratively riding a roller coaster.
The first thing that comes to mind is when we lost all the equity in our ‘dream’ home in 1996 because of a landslide. This was the first home we purchased in Washington State with our California equity in 1988. The period of time from 1996 until 1999 moving from rental to rental was a rollercoaster for many reasons including having all of Dear’s mother’s belongings to move, too. Moving a baby grand piano 3 times in 3 years was not ideal. We thought we’d never be able to get another home loan because of the fact that we gave our home back to the bank and our record would be marred for life but when we sheepishly applied for a loan in 1999 to purchase our Kenmore home we were shocked to find out there was nothing in our history to show we defaulted on our loan. God erased that bad mark in our home buying history.
3. Favorite treat to eat at an amusement park or state fair?
Fair Scones! Our county fair is happening at the end of August this year after being cancelled last year. Looking forward to attending it.
4. Are you easy to get along with? Elaborate.
Yes, I think so. I try to give people including myself enough slack to be comfortable. Is that elaborate enough?
5. Something on your calendar to see-do-read-accomplish or just enjoy before month’s end?
Our oldest and his dear wife celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary before month’s end!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We got rain on Tuesday, lots of rain and we are thankful to God for that. We hope this will help with the fires in our area.