1. Last thing you said yes to? Did you regret it?
I said yes to watching our little grandson Jaymison on Tuesday morning. No regrets at all. It’s always fun even though I come home tired.
2. No big deal, no contest, no dice, no hard feelings, no ifs ands or buts, no kidding, no offense, no pain no gain, no way…choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
No offense but you are wrong! What most of my comments would be on a lot of facebook and instagram posts lately if I really thought it would matter to make a comment. I have only commented when I have felt I have a voice in someone’s life and the post does not line up with the gospel of Jesus Christ and the shared faith I thought we had together…
3. Thursday June 11th is National Making Life Beautiful Day…in this strange season how are you adding beauty to your days/life?
I’m in the process of completing a scrapbook for Jaymison’s first year of life. Getting pages accomplished and seeing all that has happened in his life in just one year has added beauty and smiles to my days. I have his 1 year pages to do and I’m all finished.
4. According to an article found here, these six foods taste better in June than at any other time of the year-strawberries, asparagus, peas, peaches, beets, and garlic. How many of these have you tasted so far this month? Anything on the list you’d say ‘no thank you’ to trying? Rearrange the list starting with your favorite (1) to your least favorite (6).
I’ve only tasted strawberries and garlic this month…but the month is young. I wouldn’t say no to anything on this list. This Ice Cream cake has strawberries in it and no garlic. 🙂 Recipe on my blog yesterday.
- Strawberries 2. beets 3. garlic 4. peaches 5. asparagus 6. peas
5. Describe your current mood in three words.
Content but bewildered.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Back to question 5 and my response. I’m bewildered and distressed by dear friends who seem to have left their faith for rubbish. I went back and forth from Galatians where Paul says who has bewitched you foolish Galatians…and this.
The Light of the Gospel (2 Corinthians 4)
4 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
I’m looking up and in the Word of God (The Bible) to get my bearings…
Thank you to Joyce for coming up with the questions for Hodgepodge!