So this little piggy came to visit and was grunting at Dear while he worked in the garage. Dear successfully shooed it away and it moved on to greener pastures. You never know what animal will end up in your front yard when you live in the country.
The Aronia Berry. We have a bush that produces these berries profusely. The deer really enjoy them and come to find out they have health benefits.
The aroniaberry (also known as a chokeberry) has proven to be one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. In simple terms, antioxidants are a chemical compound or substance such as Vitamin E and C, found in foods, which are thought to protect the body’s cells from the damaging effects of oxidation.
- Aroniaberries have higher antioxidant levels than other berries. Not only are they low in sugar, they also contain beneficial nutrients, such as quercetin, quinic, minerals, and vitamins.
- Aroniaberries contain the highest levels of anthocyanins (the pigment in the berry that gives them their dark purplish-black color) and proanthocyanidins (plant-based super-antioxidants) when compared to many of the other well-known “superfruits.”
- Reduction of inflammation and C-reactive protein levels
- Proanthocyanidins offer a wide variety of health benefits as well. Science has shown that foods high in proanthocyanidin content may help:
- Improve circulation by strengthening capillary walls
- Inhibit enzymes that break down collagen
- Reduce allergy production
In addition, the powerful components in the amazing Aroniaberry have been found to:
- Improve function of the circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems
- Prevent gastric damage
- Protect heart cells from cell membrane damage and DNA fragmentation
- Protect the liver from chemical damage
- Enhance overall wellness
It sounds like we have a miracle berry right in our own back yard. 🙂
We are going to pick them and freeze them and hopefully remember to have a few a day to improve our health.
In other yard news our grasses are taking over and in their glory.
I had my final follow-up after my eye surgery and all looks real well! I’m thanking God for that.