1. We’ve reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what’s your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?
Most Tuesdays at or close to 3:15 you’ll find us enjoying Tequila Tuesday at our local Mexican Restaurant. We’ve been enjoying this tradition for a few years now. When our favorite waitress, Liliana, sees us drive up she heads to the bar to make us a Cadillac Margarita (no salt). Yesterday was no exception and we enjoyed our early dinner/late lunch close to 3:15ish. Things are usually slow at the restaurant so it gives Dear and me a nice stretch of time to talk and get caught up.
Energy level at 3:15 is probably about a 6.
2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball…which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
Most recently a party since we had guests for 6 days and we had as many meals and outings as we could fit in over those days. My dishwasher was in constant motion. Thankfully one of the full party days was at our oldest son’s and dil’s so my dishwasher had a day of rest.
3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.
- Healing of my carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist. It is slowing me down in the scrubbing and weeding departments. BUT just today I was reminding myself that my dear little babushka lived most of her life with just one hand and she accomplished incredible things like raising kids, cooking, cleaning, embroidering, etc. etc.
- A contractor or plumber. We have a leak in our water pipes somewhere between the house and the meter and having someone come in to do the repairs would be great. But, Dear will have to be in charge of that since he’s unemployed right now and the extra expense of hiring someone is not in the budget.
- A walking partner. Someone who is motivated and won’t let me off the hook. I need to burn more calories than I put in my body.
4. Do you think you’re strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
Strong enough physically, except for my carpal tunnel issues right now. I’m strong in my beliefs and this protects me from straying from the Truth. I react strongly to trends that are a load of lies, spiritually. My Dear is a wise man spiritually with good discernment and he helps me stay on tract, too. Staying connected to God and His Holy Spirit makes me strong.
Ephesians 6:10-12 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What’s your favorite book set sometime in the past?
One of my favorites is Byzantium by Stephen R. Lawhead
6. Insert your own random thought here.
3 days, 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and 4 months.
Linking up to Wednesday Hodgepodge, where Jo asks the questions and we come up with the answers.