I picked up a book at Goodwill of Prayers by Michel Quoist. On the subject of Thankfulness he writes:
“We must know how to say, “Thank You.” Our days are filled with the gifts the Lord showers on us. If we were in the habit of taking stock of them, at night we should be like a “queen for the day,” dazzled and happy with so many blessings. We should then be grateful to God, secure because he gives us everything, joyful because we know that every day he will renew his gifts.”
Because Jesus died and rose again paying the debt for all my sin to God, I am forever His thankful child.
Here are my 5 for this week:
1. Thank you Lord, for these girls who came into my life unexpectedly and have become my true blue friends!
2. Thank you Lord, for my “Dear” who provides for me, is faithful in our marriage and is always willing to do those little and big home improvements.
3. Thank you Lord, for our children and the good relationship with have with them. Thank you that they stay in contact with us and find ways to spend time with us in person or with phone calls.
4. Thank you Lord, for all the beauty you have created for us to enjoy.
5. Thank you Lord, for our abundance of good things to eat and that we’ve never gone hungry.
What are your favorites this week?