It’s time to join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for our favorites from this past week. So many things to be thankful for. Most likely this will be the last FFF I will be able to participate in till late December.
1. Just getting ready for our Thanksgiving meal which we are having early this year makes me thankful. My decorations are very minimal this year but it was good to clean up and to decorate. I love sitting and relaxing in my home when it is really clean and organized.
2. Our son Dan drove across the Cascades on Wednesday to spend a few days and to be here for our Thanksgiving meal. I’m thankful he made it across the pass safely when several cars were spinning out in the snowfall. Our son Josh drove over to see his brother and sister for the evening. I was sitting on the couch enjoying being with our 3 adult children enjoying each other. These times get fewer and farther between with their lives going in different directions.
3. Our daughter Katie is getting to the “oh my gosh I only have this many days before I move stage” and this makes her chatter. It’s been good to take care of lots of last minute stuff with her.
4. I’ve been cooking so much for crowds these days that Thanksgiving preparations seem like a breeze in my head so I’m enjoying the relaxation of this new feeling. My family does not want surprises on Thanksgiving but just want the traditional goodies. This makes for a very predictable and known cooking process…
5. One of the biggest blessings of this last week was planning, preparing, and enjoying our daughter Katie’s bridal shower last Saturday evening. It was so great to see so many old friends of ours and Katie’s. Katie was showered with love and gifts. Prayers on her and Andrew’s behalf were so precious. At the end of our evening the power went out. Thankfully we already had several candles lit and gathered up more to give us more light. My sister Lana walked people to their cars with a flashlight because it was so dark outside with no streetlights.
What is making you thankful this week?
21 thoughts on “FFF ~ Thankful for…”
It is fun to listen to adult children chat and laugh and the “remember whens.” That is unless I am the topic of conversation, which can be quite enlightening. I don’t always remember things just as they do.
How fun to have both sons home! To gather around the Thanksgiving table is going to be such a special blessing. You must take lots of photos not necessarily all with the camera, but with your heart. Your mother’s heart is going to need to revisit the moments. If I don’t get back to wish you a happy early Thanksgiving, I’ll do it now. Much joy around your table! Many blessings, too.
It has been a great week for you. Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration and having all your kids home under the same roof. Blessings to Katie as she moves across the country.
Ellen, I was just talking about this very thing with a friend recently. I seldom see my adult children together, without at least one of their spouses. It is so nice when I do get to see my son and daughter together, just enjoying each other’s company. Your home looks beautiful. I love that beautiful cabinet with the glass doors on each side. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. laurie
Rejoicing for your family time…I know the days are short for Katie to leave to begin a glorious new part to her life. Peace to your days, joy in family, gratitude to the One who watches over all, near and far!
Great days, Ellen. What a treasure your blog is as a trove of family memories.
It was a good week at your house, Ellen!
I’m thankful for friendship this week, and for the good dentist who is going to perform the root canal later this morning. Yes, I’m thankful for a young dentist, who is up to date on all the latest techniques!
So glad you have the whole family together – I think those times are doubly precious because they are fewer and far between. But thank the Lord for Skype and email!!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving meal together.
Listing your favorites on Friday is such a good way of underscoring the blessings of the past week. There is always much to be thankful for! Have a wonderful family Thanksgiving.
It is becoming rare for my kids to all be together, too. I’m glad you got to enjoy yours together.
What an exciting season you are in! Prayers and best wishes for you and yours.
Well, since I never got down my Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations, I should go straight to Christmas. 🙂 Your stuff looks so beautiful.
What a fun ending to the shower. 🙂 It makes a memory.
My family doesn’t like surprises for holiday meals, either, which is fine by me — it’s nice to have the menu planned and to have some special things we only have then.
I know what you mean about having several members of the family together all at once getting to be a rare event. We know that’s the way it’s supposed to happen as they each go out and start their own lives, but that doesn’t mean we don’t miss it and thoroughly enjoy the times when we can get together.
I LOVE that mirror!
The shower looks and sounds lovely, and the power going out at the end lends it a special memory.
You have a lovely home, Ellen! Having all your adult children together is a blessing, glad your son made it safely through the storm.
Happy early Thanksgiving.
Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving, Ellen. And it’s obvious you have many wonderful blessings already!
I love looking at your china cabinet/hutch.
Oh! What a wonderful time for all of you! We love when we are able to spend time with our grown children. …and you are so right in that, often those times are not as often as one would want. One day, my heart’s desire is that we all at least live in the same state! :o)
Many, many blessings to your beautiful daughter Katie and her husband to be as they begin their lives together. Continue to cherish your time with all your family and creating those lovely memories :o) Great photos, especially of you and your daughter.
Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment :o)
I like the traditional recipes for Thanksgiving too. That seems to add to the cozy feeling of the holiday. Although I like that we’ve evolved in some of the activities we do. I.e. For the past several years we have taken our meal and spent the afternoon/night at the ocean.
How special that you ALL were able to gather for your Thanksgiving enjoying one another and making more memories.
Hurray for a blessed wedding shower!
Family togetherness times are such a blessing. I’m so glad you were all able to be together to share thankfulness for all God’s blessings.
And may I say that your decorating style is so welcoming and beautiful? Thank you for sharing more pictures of your beautiful living space.
I am thankful for my sister and the fact that she is safely home. I don’t need to pray for her anymore – which is strange. I am thinkful for my family and the fact that they WANT to come to our house for Thanksgiving this year! We will all be together including my sister’s husband Bill!
Happy to hear that Bill is joining you guys!! Blessings on your Thanksgiving…
I’m glad the shower was nice! It sounds like a fun, exciting, and maybe a tiny bit bittersweet time. Your decorations look beautiful! I hope your Thanksgiving is fantastic. 🙂
I love to plan meals for guests at my home, but Thanksgiving is a little different because we always eat the same things. There is a lot of comfort in those traditions.
Looks like you are preparing for a wonderful time!
Greetings! Love your blue china and hutch….homey!
We think the glitch on my background check is a computer glitch since I have at least 2 since that one. Oh well…..onward and upward….thanks for visiting me in California.