It’s time to stop and consider the good things that we enjoyed during this past week. You can link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to share your favorites.
It’s a wonderful privilege to be able to travel and visit with friends and family but it’s always good to return home. Katie and I were in Southern California last week and we had a whirlwind of fun gatherings. On Saturday evening we returned home and Dear was very happy to have his chatty ladies in view. So here are my favorites…
1. On our way to the airport we were able to meet up with my walking buddy from when I was living in Southern California. We met Willow from Willow’s Cottage at a shopping center just South of the airport and we enjoyed a meal together while we caught up. Doesn’t Willow look good? During the year and a half that we have been apart she’s been losing weight while I’ve been gaining weight. Just so you don’t feel too sorry for me in the last month I’ve managed to finally lose some weight. Yippee.
2. On the plane trip home an acquaintance of Katie’s from our former church was one of the flight attendants. It was fun surprise to see each other and get caught up on news. Our friend treated Katie and I with champagne when she heard Katie had gotten married.
3. Oh the joy of sleeping in your own bed again after being away.
4. I’ve been picking blueberries off my bush which is loaded since I returned, too. Since the sun has been shining bright things have sped up in their ripening process. Speaking of growing things my Sweet Peas grew and flourished from the seeds I brought home from Butchart Gardens in April. Sweet Peas make me smile.
5. Driving my own car instead of a rental is another nice thing.
What things stand out as your favorites this past week?