Time again for Friday’s Fave Five hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. When you get to my age it’s good to consider and document good things before they leave your mind forever…
We spent time remembering what Memorial Day Weekend is all about. When you have a loved one serving in the military it impacts you in a more personal way for sure.
Here are my Five Favorites…
1. On Sunday Josh and Laura joined us for smoked ribs, barbecued corn, beans and cornbread. For dessert we enjoyed angel food cake with pudding and fruit. We had a good time together eating and then discussing a book we had read that’s causing quite a stir in the Christian community.
2. On Monday Memorial Day Katie and I went to Sunset Hills Memorial Park and we were happy to catch a great Memorial Day Service with bagpipes, flag ceremonies, a flyover, and a traveling museum of military memorabilia. We enjoyed this framed artwork…
3. Our Rhoddies are blooming brightly!
4. My hairdresser talked about a dish drying mat and I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond. It really works great. It absorbs a lot of water and then dries well and hangs up to be stored.
5. I was happy to get a call from the doctor’s office to tell me everything looked fine from my procedure last Friday and I won’t have to do that again for 7 years! Yippee!
Hope all is well with you and I hope y’all noticed I only mentioned food once this week. If you haven’t entered my cookbook giveaway make sure to scroll down and check it out. The contest ends 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time on Saturday.
Photobucket replaced all my photos with blurred out versions and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.