Looking back over this last week again reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for. On Fridays we join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story with our 5 favorites.
1. Last Friday we went to our son’s open house for his new business. Dave, Jody, Bob and Jan were at the Open House the same time we were so Dave and Jody invited us all over for an impromptu dinner along with my sister Lana and her husband Steve. We had a wonderful time. The photo is from our trip to England in 2006 with Dave, Jody, Bob and Jan. Bob is taking the photo.
2. On Sunday night Dear and I met Bev and Harv for dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant. Bev is part of our Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog. Bev and Harv hosted me while the Mennonite Girls had their summit in Canada. They were in Seattle for the weekend. It was fun to have our husbands meet each other. During the evening we found out that our lives intersected more then we thought with Bev, Harv, one of their sons and DIL and our good old friends Dave and Jody that we had dinner with in #1.
3. Bev was very thoughtful to give me two bundles of beautiful hand made cards that she created. I will really enjoy using them. Thank you Bev!
4. Valentine’s Day was a very nice day around here. I got beautiful red tulips from Dear with a card that really touched my heart. He also decided to cook a Valentine’s Day dinner for us which was wonderful. Steak & asparagus with a Bearnaise sauce, baked potato, and salad with a Persian dressing were on the menu. Katie helped with the salad dressing and sauce. It was all very yummy. After dinner the power went out for a few hours and we enjoyed each others company in the dark with candles and Katie reading to us.
5. All of a sudden it seems too many of my favorite shows are on T.V. again. Survivor started last night and the fun new twist with this show is that my sister Lana knows one of the contestants! We’ll be watching just to see how he does. He’s the nice looking older guy, Steve. Amazing Race starts on Sunday and I’m still watching Top Chef which is down to 6 contestants. Then there’s American Idol. Sheesh! Good thing some of the shows are on demand and we can watch at our convenience.
I’ve started a house cleaning routine on Fridays so I’ll be around to see your favorites later today when I’m sitting with my feet up after my cleaning workout!!
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.