It’s time to visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to share your favorite moments from this past week. Thank you Susanne for being the hostess with the mostest!
This was an amazing week filled with lots of experiences that were out of the ordinary. Dear was born on September 9th a few years ago but his birthday this year was the fun 09-09-09! We also had a long weekend here in the U.S. with Labor day giving many of us an extra day off. Dear and I took advantage of the extra time and had some extra fun celebrating his birthday early. So…here’s my five or so favorites.
1. Driving up the coast to Morro Bay and Cambria on Saturday, two Central California Beach communities. It was cool. It was beautiful. It was good to get away from the ordinary.
2. Having a wonderful creamy birthday brunch at Five Crowns Restaurant in Corona Del Mar. Corona Del Mar is another beach community but it is in Southern California. Yes, we do not shy away from driving…
3. Having my dear DIL send me this photo of our boys. She took it on Sunday. I love seeing our boys together, enjoying each other and taking care of each other.
4. Having Monday off and enjoying a totally layed back day recovering from all our travel and creamy food!!
5. This is my BFF from high school. She was rudely taken out of my life and away from all her friends half way into our junior year of high school. We spent so many hours together in high school. We memorized Leslie Gore songs together, had slumber parties, went to the L.A. Garment district together, were part of a Y.M.C.A. service club together, went out to dinner together…and then she was gone! I was thinking about her and wondering how I could track her down but it was hard because of her very common last name here in Southern California. We finally connected on Facebook through some mutual friends! Yesterday we met for lunch after 41 years. It was so good to re-connect and catch up on our lives after all these years!!
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.