Happy May Everyone!
Well I was going to be in Cancun today and not able to participate in our Fave Five but circumstances beyond anyone’s control changed our plans. So I’m still at my nice little condo in Southern California…blogging. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is our hostess for this great weekly event. Visit her to join in or see other favorites.
So what is it about me and food? Food is topping much of my list this week but to cut me a break it’s not just the food but the other people around me while I’m eating good food that I enjoy.
1. I really like to eat breakfast out with Dear! Before we helped my niece and her husband move last Saturday we stopped at the Egg Plantation in Newbury Park. They have over a 100 Omelets on their menu including other things! I had Chiliquiles…yum. We really needed this great breakfast to keep us going while we packed up and unpacked the truck for the move.
2. After our trip to Cancun was cancelled I decided to “get away” to Main street in Ventura to do a little Thrift store shopping. Such a fun thing for me to do. While in Ventura I stopped at 71 Palm a French Country Restaurant for a little lunch. I had a wonderful soup with asparagus and spinach and a fresh beet, goat cheese and walnut salad.
3. I made semi-homemade chili for dinner last night and baked some corn bread to go with it. Dear was in the mood for chili earlier in the week and I decided to make it for him! I love my chili with fresh tomato, cilantro, green onions and cheese thrown on top! Last night we added some avocado, too.
4. Willow and I have seen some fun sights this week on our walks. We are seeing some great colorful evidences of Spring.
5. Also from our walk we saw this Quail sitting on top of this flimsy tree. It was really kind of peculiar. He sat there long enough to take several shots…
For more Friday Faves click on over to Susanne’s!
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.