Last Thursday Leslie at Lux Venit had thirteen hard sayings of Jesus in the book of Mathew. I wanted to follow her lead this Thursday. I’m wrapping up my reading of the book of Hebrews so here are 13 or more reasons to keep our eyes on Jesus and follow Him closely.
Hebrews 1:3 ~ “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.”
1 ~ God speaks to us through His Son.
2. ~ Jesus is the Heir of all things.
3. ~ Jesus is superior to all created beings.
4. ~ Jesus tasted death for everyone.
6. ~ Because Jesus has gone before us and prepared the way for us.
4. ~ So that we do not drift away.
7. ~ So that we do not become bitter.
8. ~ Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant.
9. ~ Jesus always lives to intercede for those he saves completely.
10. ~ Jesus sacrificed himself for our sins.
11. ~ Through Jesus we can draw near to God.
12. ~ Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.
13. ~ When we fix our eyes on Jesus we will not grow weary and lose heart.
There are so many more reasons. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
This is a rich book that is filled with the supremacy and the completed work of Jesus. I pray that some of the deep truths in this book will stick in my heart and mind…
Jeremiah 31:33 ~ …”I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people.”