1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?
Summer visitors. The photos below were taken in our front yard when we had summer visitors camping out last August.
2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way…pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
I’ll pick LOVE-IT. Love it when family visits. Love it when we can visit our family. Love it when I spend time with the grandchildren and see all their new skills. Love it when our freedoms come back to us. Love it when all the birds flit about in our back yard. Love it when the Truth is spoken and it is louder than evil.
3. What’s one thing currently causing you to seethe?
When people call evil good and good evil.
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter!
Isaiah 5:20 (ESV)
One thing currently making you smile?
4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?
roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee
- Take a summer road trip. 2. Make a pitcher of Sangria. 3. Paddle a canoe or kayak (although it is getting more and more difficult to get into or out of)
Do you make an actual list? NO
5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?
Well, since Thursday will be mow the 4 acres day I will celebrate by listening to at least 3 good sermons since that’s how long it takes for me to mow. Maybe to keep the theme going we’ll go out to eat in one of the local restaurants that have re-opened.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A summary of a good sermon in 5 sentences:
“You can’t change a fallen world. We come and go and are forgotten. The only one who can change the world is God. MY story is not THE story. We need to fear God and keep His commandments.”
By the Fear of the Lord men depart from evil. Proverbs 16:6
Thank you to Joyce for coming up with the questions for the Hodgepodge.