For the Wednesday Hodgepodge I’m going to try to keep it corny and light today just for the fun of it. Thank you to Jo From This Side of the Pond for her faithfulness in coming up with the questions. I’m thankful for you dear Jo!
1. It’s Thanksgiving week in the US of A so let’s talk turkey. And by turkey I mean the elephant in the room because it’s still 2020 and our blogs are a record of sorts of the times in which we live.
2. Let’s move in a cheerier direction. Will there be corn on your holiday dinner menu? How so? Cornbread-corn pudding-corn chips and dip-cornbread dressing/stuffing-corn chowder-or regular canned, frozen or fresh corn in a bowl…which of the ‘corns’ listed is your favorite?
As cute as all these corny postcards are we do not traditionally add any corn dishes to our Thanksgiving meals. I do remember a corn casserole that our friend Jan brought a time or two to our Thanksgiving gatherings on the West side of the mountains which was delicious!
3. What is there a cornucopia of in your home, job, or life currently? “An abundant supply of good things of a specified kind.”
Because of the age of our dear grandchildren we have an abundant supply of love and hugs and fun with them. And we have had a abundant supply of loved ones who have visited and stayed overnight or a week or two at our country bungalow in the midst of…you know what, with no ill effects! Thank you, Lord!
4. Have you ever quit something (such as a habit, a food, a time-sucker, a relationship) cold turkey? Is there something you need to quit cold turkey?
Yes and Yes. That’s all your getting…LOL!
5. Share a favorite verse, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to gratitude.
Psalm 103: 1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Keeping with the corny theme. 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who live in the USA!