1. I read here
four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing
. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
I’ve already had my hand in a few cookbooks and since we are having a hotter than usual August the only thing that sounds appealing in this list is letter writing.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, ‘To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.‘ Agree or disagree? Explain.
Disagree. Having or not having things does not determine my happiness. I think happiness is overrated. Gratitude and contentment are things I’d rather focus on.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day…are you a ‘thrifter’? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
I did a lot of thrifting in the past but not as much these days. I’ve found many great treasures over the years. Here are some stand out favorites from years past.
Lomonosov China for $29.95
Oscar de la Renta for $19.97. This dress has ostrich feathers on the trim. We didn’t find a perfect match on their site but the dresses that were similar were in the $3900 dollar range. The dress fit Katie perfectly and she wore it out to her celebration dinner when she completed her studies at the University of Washington.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I think I’m going to have to go with a 10 on this one. Any thoughts of seeing something new gets my senses into high gear. I love to travel.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
More of a sprint with several small projects started and finished and many small events that have nothing to do with each other.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
I’d like to do some de-fluffing (dropping some pounds).
7. What’s the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Enjoying a meal and conversation together.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are going to be on the road today and I’ll not be able to come around and see posts till later in the evening.