Once again it’s time to look back over the last week to pick out your favorites. I enjoy this exercise in focusing on blessings and listing them. Thank you Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for hosting this worthwhile meme.
Here are my favorites.
1. The weather finally improved enough in the Seattle area for us to bring our patio furniture out of storage and onto the deck. Along with the furniture I spent some time decorating the deck area in red, white and blue for our upcoming 4th of July, Independence Day celebration.
2. Watching Women’s World Cup Soccer and seeing the U.S. Women’s salute to our military after scoring a goal!
3. A get together with family and friends with lots of good food and fellowship to celebrate our Nation’s birthday. By now you might know that I like party themes and for this one it was all about flags, stars and red, white and blue. We had blue drinks with white ice and red berries, cupcakes with red,white and blue sprinkles. Serving dishes and flowers followed the theme, too.
4. While we were working on the deck we had a fun little visitor, the green little frog in my mosaic.
5. Katie and I have been using our library more and we’ve gotten some books that we put a hold on. I’m looking forward to finally reading The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
Having a holiday on a Monday can throw me for a loop and it did. I’ve been a little off all week. I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend. How was your past week and what were your favorites?