On Graduation day we saw the sunrise again for the third day in a row. I dropped Katie off at the Parade Deck stands so she could grab some good seats for us. Then I zoomed down to the visitor’s center to grab some coffee and a little nosh for us.
The sun came up and things actually got a little cooler when it did. Doesn’t our girl look sweet in the sunshine? Graduation wasn’t due to start till 9:00 A.M. so we had lots of time to occupy ourselves. People watching is always fun.
Finally the platoons marched in precision onto the parade deck to the beat that the Marine Corp band performed for them and us. The band played some patriotic songs and of course the National Anthem but then out of the blue they played the following song combined with a great swagger and the audience was surprised and cheered!
- Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning,
- No one could be sweeter than my sweetie when I meet her in the morning.
- Where the morning glories
- Twine around the door,
- Whispering pretty stories
- I long to hear once more.
- Strolling with my girlie where the dew is pearly early in the morning,
- Butterflies all flutter up and kiss each little buttercup at dawning,
- If I had Aladdin’s lamp for only a day,
- I’d make a wish and here’s what I’d say:
- Nothing could be finer than to be with Carolina in the morning.
Then I zoomed in to catch our Marine. Andrew is 2nd one back.
They marched closer to the stands just before they would be released for their 10 day leave. Andrew is 2nd row third Marine in.
First row third Marine in…
Love this smile when he spotted Katie.
Congratulations PFC Andrew for graduating and earning Expert on the firing range.
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.