Time for Friday’s Fave Five. Please visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to join in.
My Favorites this week will all revolve around the 4th of July or Independence Day here in the U.S.A. Here’s what I like about the 4th.
1. Having friends and family over for a barbecue. A tradition we’ve enjoyed for a few years now. We always have a lively discussion over what meat we should barbecue this year. Well the decision is made and the Pork Shoulder and Briskets have been purchased and will be cooked low and long on the 4th.
2. Planning a gathering is great motivation for getting projects completed in time for the party. I enjoy the results of the build up to a party. Our deck is painted and flowers are blooming in pots on the deck.
3. Everyone is ready to pitch in and bring a dish to add to the buffet. It’s always a treat to eat something you didn’t make!
4. Dear gets Friday and Monday off from work. Whoohoo! That’s worth a celebration.
5. A good time to thank God again for our freedom to worship Him in the land of the free and home of the brave. To God be the Glory.
We saw that corvette on the 405 Fwy last night. Quite a rear end paint job. Made us wonder if he just loves the U.S.A. or if he’s retired military or something else…
So our Canadian neighbors were celebrating yesterday and we have our long weekend ahead. What are your plans for the 4th!
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.