This was a week filled with so many fun experiences that made me thankful. Please visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to join in the fun of Friday’s Fave Five.
What a week filled with so many wonderful experiences.
1. We met at the Brown Lantern Pub in Anacortes, Washington to eat and watch the U.S.A. vs. England World Cup Soccer game last Saturday. We were happy to come away with a draw. We met here because our afternoon Kayak tour started at 2:00 out of Bowman Bay near Anacortes. I called around to all the Pubs/Restaurants in the area to see who would be televising the game and who knew what I was talking about immediately instead of having to explain that World Cup Soccer was happening! It was fun to experience the game with our family and the crowd of soccer fans in the Pub. Oh…and the food was really good, too.
2. Our Kayak trip was the next favorite. A brand new experience for me and it was great. My fears of rolling the kayak were soothed when I got the feel of the boat in the water.
3. Katie’s graduation on Sunday was a milestone to be thankful for. I cannot tell a lie, though, the ceremony was boring and long and we were glad when it was over. The best part was seeing Katie walk across the stage and going out to celebrate afterwards.
4. Dear put up a hummingbird feeder and I’ve really enjoyed seeing these little birds out my computer window.
5. Enjoying the World through soccer is my last favorite. I’ve watched most of the World Cup games. The games that start at 7am and 11:30 am have been easier to catch but I have managed to see a little of the 4:30 am games, too. Dear gets up really early and he was walking out to the shop at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday and he saw lights on at our Korean neighbors house then he heard loud cheers and realized they were watching the South Korea game and that a goal was scored. We really caught the World Cup Soccer Bug in 1994 when the U.S.A. hosted and we were able to attend some games and meet the U.S.A. players.
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.