…at the end of my box tunnel!
I’m escaping the organizing and sorting and repacking long enough to throw this post together while I drink my coffee and hope it has some great reviving of energy effects on me! Boy, that was a long sentence! Here are my favorites in no particular order.
1. Seeing all the beautiful spring blooms around the Seattle area. Dogwood is so bright and pink this year. The wisteria is just getting nice. The lilacs are growing in everyone’s yards but mine.
2. Hearing that my daughter and her boyfriend are having a good time with my family in California. They were able to spend some time with the cousins and go to lunch with my folks and that makes me happy. They’ll arrive back here tonight sometime.
3. Reading this post about Nezzy and Nina’s hats at Jill’s World of Research blog. Nezzy and Nina were sisters and spinsters and friends of our family. Here I am sporting one of the hats at a Mad Hatter Tea Shower I attended where hats were mandatory!
4. Enjoying the birds singing in the wee hours of the morning.
5. There are only about 5 more boxes to go through in the garage!! The end is in sight and my house is getting more organized in the midst of the chaos. Just as a note of explanation…many of the items we had in our one bedroom condo were duplicates of what we have in our home in Washington. We honestly did not need any of it to survive nicely. So I’m opening every box and re-packing all our duplicate stuff (blender, coffee maker, utensils, pots & pans, everyday dishes, glasses, etc. etc. into boxes for our son Dan to set up in his own place at the end of this year or early next year. We keep telling him he has got it “made in the shade”. He chuckled when I asked him if he wanted a Christmas Wreath! I also told him it would be really good if he had at least 2 bedrooms!
Please visit our lovely hostess Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to join in the fun!
Well I hope to visit your blogs during my box and organizing breaks today. Thank you for visiting me.
21 thoughts on “FFF ~ There’s Light…”
It is so much easier to get organize when there is someone who can use extra items! I couldn’t have managed if our daughter hadn’t just bought her condo at the same time we got our house; a small moving van was filled up with our thing to go to her place. Nice.
I do hope you held on to that one hat. It is so cute on you! Pheasant feathers on the side? I can totally see it with a black turtleneck sweater and slacks and a brown jacket, perfect for going out to dinner or to a gallery of some kind.
Maybe some day we can go to church together while wearing the sister’s hats. I think they would like that.
Whew…aren’t you glad now that your condo was so small. That hat is great with your outfit.
It sounds like you are making great headway on the organizing. I really love to organize but not many do. There’s something pretty satisfying about bringing order to chaos. And hats are always a blast. We have a tearoom near us where there are old hats scattered all around the room and people are encouraged to wear hats as they sip and dine.
Ellen I am so glad that you can see the end of the tunnel..only 5 boxes left you say? That’s amazing:) And you do need those breaks to enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
We do manage to accumulate a lot of stuff, don’t we? Its nice you have your son to give it all to.
Love the hat!
I love the hat! (The dress, too, by the way!)
Those flowers are so pretty.
Your son really does have it made getting all that neat stuff for his new place!
“There are only about 5 more boxes to go through in the garage!!” — Ellen, you are a FAST worker!
And your son will have the coziest bachelor’s pad in town, for sure, with a Christmas wreath and all! 🙂
Have a Happy Mother’s Day weekend. I know you will.
Did you even take time to breathe? That’s a whole lot of unpacking and repacking! You deserve an extra cup of tea this afternoon. You know that Donna ships Ear Grey anywhere, right?
Have a great weekend! I’m glad your kids had a fun vist and safe trip.
I think the idea of a Mad Hatter Tea Party is AWESOME! What a fun time (and I love your hat!)
Hope you have a great weekend!
I agree with general concensus – the hat is awesome! Not everyone can wear a hat, you know. (I like your dress, too.)
The flower pics are gorgeous. I’ve been considering planting lilacs …
Your son is blessed to get your duplicates!
You have been one busy girl!
I loved Jill’s hat story. You definitiely sent those hats to the right place…their story needed telling.
The blooms are beautiful!
I think the idea of a Mad Hatter shower is fun!
Yeah, only 5 more boxes. You’ve really been working hard.
Happy Mother’s Day, Ellen!
I take it the two rooms are for visits LOL 🙂 Glad you are getting through the boxes. Love that photo my friend. You sure have been busy 🙂 Have a great weekend 🙂
He does have it made in the shade!! Your thrift shopping is coming in handy for more than you!
You are perfectly charming in that hat. But I must admit it reminds me of playing dress-up as little girls – our outfits were not complete without a purse, high heels and a hat. I don’t think I could wear one for a serious occasion (sorry Jill 🙂
Hope Dear takes you out for a treat when you finish that last box – tell him I said you deserve it!
What a great thing for your son. I say, give him the Christmas wreath!
The flowers are beautiful. I love dogwoods — grew up with them in Indiana. We don’t seem to have them in S. Florida, so I miss that.
I liked your hat…It’s cute on you…I’m so scared I might be invited to a party like that someday…but I know exactly where to go and buy a hat…
I’m so glad you are out of your boxes.
WOW that’s a long haul. I’ve only done it once.
Then hopefully you will get to enjoy Seattle and all it’s surroundings.
Your flowers are amazing! We’re still having wet snow the past few days. The blooms will come in a month’s time I think. Usually we don’t do any planting until after Victoria Day (May 24). And you look great too. Well, enjoy yourself and have a Happy Mother’s Day!
I so enjoyed Jill’s hat story and the hat you are wearing looks so good on you. I loved Jill’s suggestion on how to wear it.. do wear it again.
Oh .. enjoy this beautiful weekend. . take a break from the boxes . .almost done.
Happy Mother’s Day to you Ellen.
Organizing is such a big job….but one that leaves you feeling SO good!
Love your flower photos……still waiting for warm enough weather up here to plant some flowers. Lilacs are still about a month away – even in a ‘normal’ year (whatever that is). I’m glad I get to enjoy your flowers through your photos.
Oh Ellen B! How I long to get a closer look at that darling little bonnet on your head. It loos ever so sweet ;-).
I hope you have a lovely Mother’s Day!
God bless, cori g.
I really love that hat, Ellen!
So glad you are nearing the end of the unpacking and organizing. Yes, Dan is one lucky guy!