All my favorites this week are from Dear and my getaway to Pismo Beach from Sunday to Monday. Very short time filled with lots of wonderful sights, sounds, and food!
1. We got to see the Monarch Butterfly Grove with thousands of butterflies in residence. What an exciting experience it was. It’s been a goal of mine to visit one of these groves in California. I’m so glad we did. I’ll be posting all about them on Tuesday.
2. Beautiful beaches and beach walks and pier walks were another favorite.
3. We took a side trip to Arroyo Grande and did some fun antique shopping. Boy we only went to two antique shops but they were big and filled from corner to corner with so much interesting stuff. We came away with just one purchase. Such self control!
4. Food glorious food! I love food. I love to find unique spots with wonderful food. I like to fellowship over food. I like to cook good food. So there’s the insight into why I’m always trying to take off some extra pounds!! We ate well those 2 days! Wait, was I just talking about self control, “pride goeth before the fall”!?? The clam chowder pictured was oh so chunky and rich and good! Pismo Beach is known for their clams. We ate a wonderful meal with an ocean view. I had lamb shank with risotto, brussel sprouts, and a double chocolate martini for dessert. Dear had a Rib-eye steak, salad, and potatoes. Needless to say, I did not step on the scale when we got back!
5. The last of my favorites was having our own personal hot tub on the private deck where we sat and enjoyed watching the star filled sky while listening to the waves crashing on shore! Glorious! We even started singing “In the stars His handiwork I see, on the wind He speaks with majesty, though He ruleth over land and sea, what is that to me…” Are any of you old enough to remember that one??
I have a post with lots of photos from the Pismo Beach area here.
To see more Favorites or to join in the fun visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story!
14 thoughts on “Friday’s Fave Five! It’s all about Pismo…”
Ellen, thanks for introducing me to Fri Faves and for sharing your wonderful trip! That place looks and sounds like a little bit of heaven—especially when you’re located in the cold Mid-west! 🙂 Dana
Now He walks beside me day by day, ever watching o’er me lest I stray, helping me to find that narrow way, he’s everything to me.
Awwww, that beautiful California coast……..and clam chowder!
I had to tell you. I just went to “Living to tell the story” and notice I can see Mr Linky there. So I quickly went to other sites where I had been Linky blind and discovered that I’m healed!
I had sent a message to Mr Linky’s help line and they must have done something about it. My day is looking a little brighter though it’s raining outside.
The monarch grove was probably really something to experience! It must have been lovely!
Yes, food, glorious food. Definitely a fave!
Wow! Hearing about the monarch grove will be great. Even one photo is wonderful. The beach and pier walks are also the best!
Oooh, I was just thinking about Pismo the other day! You’ll have to tell me your favorite spots. I’d passed through Pismo on the way up the coast and would love to stop and visit some time.
…..He’s everything to me……we used to sing it with all the ah-ahs in the background on the “till by faith I met Him face to face” section……Beautiful places like that do cause our hearts to sing out in praise, don’t they!
Awesome list! That gravy looks delish! When my Grandma was alive, we had biscuits and gravy every weekend! It was heaven!
Once again, gorgeous photos! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would like to see a butterfly grove.
How wonderful that the scenery made you want to sing praises! I don’t know that song, but echo its sentiments.
Thick clam chowder! Wonderful. And how nice to sit in a hot tub near the beach. . .
I’m not sure why but I had to laugh thinking about what it would have looked like seeing two people in a hot tub singing hymns to God. But what better place than in the midst of His creation.
now I’m hungry for chowder!
*happy sigh* I’m enjoying it vicariously 🙂
Boy, that song was a flashback. Thanks. Pismo is one of my favorites any time, so glad you guys had a great time.